Thursday, May 1, 2008

Body Exfoliator


A friend of mine recently introduced me to a line called Belli out of Issaquah, Washington. Belli was created in 2002 by a physician for expectant and new Mothers, inspired by his own wife and child. The products are allergy tested, free of artificial dyes and parabens, and every ingredient is teratology screened, to exclude anything linked to birth defects, or other problems discovered around pregnancy. Belli products soothe and nurture Mothers and are safe for nursing babies. As well, the packaging is quite beautiful, simple and sleek.

Though Belli may be marketed towards the Mother, the good news is it can be used by all (yay)! I have a very common skin condition on my upper arms (little red bumps) called Keratosis Pilaris. It will never go away, but when I frequently use a gentle exfoliator the condition relaxes and improves. Belli's exfoliator improved my skin's texture (after one use) and though some exfoliators irritate the skin on my arms, this product did not (zero itch post scrub)! Its formula includes anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory ingredients such as green tea, ginseng and peppermint oil, which I found very therapeutic (and relaxing) on both my skin and my senses.

My favorite thing about this scrub is it is not messy (love the tube, as opposed to a jar or pot); the scrub is clean (bright white) and feels similar to a microdermabrasion scrub unlike the typical body scrubs on the market. It quickly sloughed off my dead skin cells and left me feeling silky soft, and happy as a clam! The line also includes serums, creams, face and body wash, and an eye brightening cream, which I've read spectacular things about ...

Read up and check it out - Belli can be purchased on their website http://belliskincare.com for $24, or if in this declining market you are looking to save a few bucks, go right over to http://drugstore.com where you can purchase the exfoliator for a very worthwhile $19.20 (20% off)!

No comments: