Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils


I was recently in NYC running around like a lunatic trying to find the right and bright lipstick to suit the perfect night out! I searched high and low and finally discovered Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils. There are so many brilliant colors, but the one I chose is a rich berry color called Damned. The minute I put it on (attention shifted) and the bags under my eyes seemed to disappear .. voila my plan worked!!

The pencils are jumbo, which makes them super easy to work with, the formula lasts for hours and they are enriched with vitamin E. I will say, for evening wear these pencils are perfect, but for day time (at least the bright colored pencils) are a bit less practical. The color is matte and very dry, so though the color lasts, when reapplying (and layering) the color, my lips appear chapped and the color less smooth. Regardless, these pencils are at the top of my list for evening wear and the color choices are phenomenal. As well, a makeup artist friend of mine suggested Belle de Jour and claims it is THE perfect neutral lip!!

You can purchase Velvet Matte Lip Pencils at Sephora for $24 each.

No comments: