Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Waterproof Eyeliner

On a rainy and grey day what could possibly make things brighter? Chanel perhaps? Better yet, how about waterproof Chanel? Oui, s'il vous plaƮt.

My friend Aimee T recently suggested I pick up Chanel's latest Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner, which she purchased in Espresso. She said, "as a makeup novice the pencil is easy to work with, rich in colour and is super long-lasting." So I dropped by Barneys and though I love deep browns, I opted for Marine (Navy) and Celadon (a dark grey-green with subtle gold sparkles). I wore the Celadon yesterday and I really liked it, though I wish more of the gold shimmer came across, not because I don't like green, but because gold is more .. shall we say .. fancy & expensive.

I went to Bikram (yoga) last night and the workout waterproof test definitely failed, though I'm not sure any waterproof makeup would survive through Bikram (the room is 105+ and your body temp is thru the roof!) Regardless, I got a couple of compliments and I really appreciated that unlike regular liners, it stayed on, didn't smudge into my upper lid or worse, end up melting under my eyes. I'm wearing the Marine today and I have to say, on a super sleepy day, the Marine is really helping to illuminate my eyes/face! One would never know I was on my 4th cup of coffee!!

No comments: