Sunday, April 20, 2008

Face cream & Eye Cream/Treatment

I am the kind of person who oozes with excitement over the best mascara, or the perfect red lipstick and will spend hours smelling perfume (and coffee beans) to find a scent that really represents me. My friends email me daily asking about it all, including skin care regimes or eye cream recommendations, to which I excitedly rattle off my suggestions. Some women take a personal interest, and others like to ask their product obsessed friends, like me!!

On Friday I was asked for my favorite face and eye cream of the moment. I gotta tell you, I have spent years trying tons of very expensive creams, but right now I am really enjoying Avon's ANEW line. I use the Retroactive day and night cream and find it moisturizing, not greasy, and it definitely has not clogged my pores, or irritated some of my hormonal chin area breakouts.  After five months of use, I've definitely noticed a difference regarding the reduction of fine lines around my cheek bones and eye area. The ANEW product perk is it's about $30 total for both a day and night cream and can be ordered on line at Avon.com. Also, if you are looking for an eye cream, my Mom is a huge fan of the ANEW Clinical Eye Lift, which is also super reasonable and long lasting at $28. This eye cream includes two sections, one cream and one gel. The cream for under eye and the gel for the brow bone area meant to offer an instant lift. Mom claims the cream is super moisturizing (a bit thicker, which she likes) and the gel tightens the area around the brow and feels very refreshing.

I will definitely give Clinical Eye Lift a shot, but right now I am using two products that I am quite enjoying. The first is from FRESH Lotus Eye Gel, which is meant to treat dark circles and puffiness (this is not an eye cream, rather a treatment) and on top of it I am using Darphin Arovita Eye and Lip Contour Gel, which I love! I also started using both of these products about 5 months ago and I swear I've noticed a huge difference with upper lid puffiness and dark circles. Both are very light so, if like my Mom you prefer a more moisturizing under eye cream, these may not be for you.

1 comment:

Tray said...

Nik
I go in spurts of obsession over creams and, like most women, have a mountain-sized pile of unused or half-used bottles and samples. My obsession-of-late is finding the perfect under eye concealer. At 40, this became a daily must-have for me. I have tried ALL of the "fancy and expensives" and have landed on my favorite of all time - "PHYSICIANS FORMULA COVER TOX TEN WRINKLE CONCEALER" Color light, even though my skintone is pretty dark/olive, light works the best.
I LOVE it because it blends perfectly into my skin without a lot of patting or pulling and it's flawless. Not only that, it makes your wrinkles disappear within 10 minutes and after using it for a while, I've also noticed a decrease in fine lines.
I'm not a beauty snob and will try everything from Maybelline to Barney's - and i have to say, this has become my daily staple.
Love your blog! keep it coming!