Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Davines



It is absolutely gorgeous outside today (it's supposed to hit 80
degrees!) I hope all of you take some time for yourselves to take a quick lap, or better yet bring your lunch outside, sit on a park bench and soak up some sunshine. Spring is finally here and speaking of warm rays, a few years back I was introduced to a brand called Davines, which brought immediate fervor to my being (I swear!) Davines is a brand from Parma, Italy that started as a research laboratory and in the early 90's they launched their very own brand of hair care products. My favorite is the Momo line for dry and curly hair. I have tons of natural curl and frizz, which over the years I've ironed to despair and I swear this line nurtures my locks and makes me feel like I'm paying my damaging-dues!

The moisturizing shampoo is light and lathers up the minute it touches your hands, leaving your hair feeling super clean and smelling fresh. The moisturizing conditioner/cream has milk thistle extract in it and after leaving it on for a few minutes and rinsing, my hair is happy glossy hair.

From flat ironing I am having some breakage issues so I started using both the moisturizing curl enhancing serum, as well as the moisturizing anti-frizz protective fluid. Both are absolutely wonderful products. On a day I am going to wash and go, I put the curl enhancing serum on and let my hair dry naturally. My hair, feels treated, but never greasy, which I especially love. On days that I am going to flat iron my hair, I put the anti-frizz fluid on after I've done my damage and leave my apartment feeling less depleted (of moisture, that is).

Check out Davines.com for more information on the line and to find a salon in your area that carries it. Also, I noticed one of my most fave sites, beauty.com sells it, so go now, it's spring buy something good for yourself ...

No comments: