Monday, September 1, 2008

Oh so Gold gloss



I was meeting a friend for drinks on the Upper West Side the other night and sure enough a wind storm pulled me inside Space NK (darn winds).  Space NK (for those of you who don't know) is a UK based apothecary that hit NYC nearly two years ago.  The shops include fragrance, skin care, makeup, hair, candles, etc.; a boutique of cult beauty goods.  

Anyway, I was immediately drawn to Lipstick Queen's Shine in Gold Saint. This tacky, sticky, glop of a pot is out of the handbag of a sexy woman in the 70's at Studio 54.  
at least that's the visual.  I put it on and could barely open my mouth (I know to some of you this sounds like a blessing), but for real, not a good look. 


Obsessed with the idea of purchasing something gold and fabulous I visited NARS next and was not disappointed.  Moon Fleet is absolutely gorgeous.  It is wet and creamy with teeny tiny gold speckles that when in light glow like fourth of July fireworks!!  I love this gloss because it's effortless; you don't have to try to accomplish glam it is an immediate effect!! $24 at http://spacenk.com.  


No comments: